Dear Cold Season

It's that time of year, yes it's the holidays but it's also that time of year when almost everyone seems to get sick. Yesterday the cashier at Trader Joe's admitted to me that she had been sick for 3 weeks with the same cough. When I get even the slightest cold the very first thing I reach for is my dads tea recipe, I'm not claiming my dad invented this recipe or even came up with this version on his own, I just know it really gives my immune system a boost and I really enjoy the way it tastes. If cough medicine and the regular tea selection aren't cutting it check out my dad's Jesus Juice Ginger Tea Recipe!

Ingredients:
1 large hand of ginger 
2 large lemons
honey
1 liter water

Instructions:
Slice the ginger into quarter size slices. In a large pot, combine water and ginger. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add lemon juice and honey to taste. Cover, and steep for 1 hour.

I will add the lemon rind to the mixture, or if I have a lot of muccus I will add a tablespoon of cayenne to clense my nose. When I serve the tea I'm sure to include plenty of pieces of ginger in my cup. I will try and eat no less that 10-15 of the ginger slices.

Please let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts